Question

When will you complete updates to nearby tower?

• 18 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

When will you complete updates to the nearby cell tower? 

When I began using your service I had on average a 40 mbps download speed. I changed nothing and now during the day I average 1-2 mbps and 10 mbps in the evening.  This has been occurring since November 2021. The story I get when I speak with your support is that they are upgrading the tower near me and once finished I will have the best service ever. But when? When will the upgrade be completed? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

since anything  can happen to delay a job they usually wont give any info on it..if they give a date and it gets missed due to shortages of parts/equipment, mother nature or any other thing that can happen..people will still freak out on them calling them liars etc..are you able to switch to 4G LTE instead of 5G to see if things stabilize a bit? or is 4G also hammered right now?

if your signal takes a dump between 8am and roughly 7pm then odds are its a capacity deal..either your connecting to the next out tower due to yours being down for whatever theyre doing and that tower is over capacity with people now...or vise versa the next tower out is down and everyone usually on that one is now connecting to the tower that covers your area dragging it down.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just as a note… you’re more likely to have a generic response from T-Mobile support which may see ‘updates in your area’ and not the specific one that you’re using.  I’d recommend speaking to ‘Advanced Technical Support’, as you’re typically hearing from general support.  Its quite possible that what has occurred is more likely that Sprint customers have been transitioned to your site, and that maintenance has ‘yet’ to be performed (i.e. update for 5G/5G ultra capactiy.).

Make sure that T-Mobile support can ‘tell you’ where your nearest site is that you are connected to.

Did this ever get resolved?  I’m getting the same run around from support.