Question

When will you fix the problem?

• 15 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have trouble with dropped calls at home. When I contacted T-Mobile about it, they suggested a new sim card would do the trick. The new sim card did not do the trick. They next suggested I get a new phone, since my phone is about 6 years old. So I got a new phone. I still had the same trouble with dropped calls from home. So I called and discussed it with them and they informed me that there was a known issue in my area that was being worked on. They refused to take the phone back, of course. And as of this date, I still have trouble with dropped calls from home. My question for T-Mobile is, do you want me to go to a different service, or are you going to fix the problem? I’m already plenty angry about buying a new phone when you knew there was an issue in my area. When will the repairs be fixed so I can make and receive calls from home without constantly having them drop?

2 replies

I have the same issues. The SIM cards were swapped twice in both cellphones. Meanwhile both cellphones were swapped. T-Mobile tried a multiple phone setting on both cellphones. Nothing worked. T-mobile finally admitted the service (Cleveland Heights, Ohio) in my area is the issue. This issue has been going on for 6 months or more. I was not able to dial 911. T-Mobile didn’t even give me an ETA regarding the area repair. I can’t take this anymore I’m switching back to Verizon this week. I need to make and receive calls not just text messages.

Badge

I understand. I actually was a T-Mobile employee and they took excellent care of me when I had to take a medical leave of absence. So it breaks my heart to have to post anything negative about the company or their service. But I have used a cellphone only for 20 years, and find myself having to get a landline just so I can make and receive calls from home. This whole episode had been almost traumatic for me because I feel such positivity towards the company otherwise. But if I’m going to have cell service, I need to have service I can use, not just show loyalty to them. I completely understand and have never considered going with another carrier until this.