Solved

Why don't I get any text messages from my wife?

• 21 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

This isn’t about spousal problems.

My wife and I are on the same phone plan. We both have T-Mobile phones. Her’s is a Google Pixel 3a XL. Mine is a ZTE Cymbal Z320.

A couple of weeks ago I stopped getting messages from her. We have tried and tested it time and time again. I can get texts from anyone else. I can send text to anyone including her and she receives them just fine. She can send texts to anyone else. But when she sends them to me I never get them. I have no clue as to why.

This includes both SMS and MMS texts. I can send her pictures, or just pain texts, but nothing will come back even though her phone says the text is sent.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 21 July 2022, 22:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

fully delete all of her info from your phone including call history and text history..once all of that is confirmed gone restart your phone and re add all her contact info in..have her do the same thing..something might have gotten crossed up somehow..

not a full blown answer..mainly a swing for the fence attempt thats worked in the past.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Check to see if you blocked herin messages settings. Some devices allow you to block 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you @tidbits !

But @fireguy_6364 , you nailed it! You’re a life saver! Well, both of you are!

So I deleted every last trace of me on her phone and the same with her on mine. Then I set the contacts up again and viola! She can text me and I get the texts! Married for 16 years, so texting with the wifey is important!

Thanks again!