Question

Why is the 5G internet dropping & buffering?

• 31 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have responded to one post but want to make sure my issue is heard. I have had no trouble since signing up but the past 2 weeks have been horribly ridiculous! I have had buffering, no connection & connection without internet. Customer Support says that it is a Tech issue then Tech says it's the Engineering Dept. to let them investigate, although I was told that it is a known issue and here's a $15 credit. But $15 for 2 weeks of this? I have been taking screenshots of my speed tests which are supposed to come back at least 72mbps. Mine have been 22mbps, 7.51 and even tonight 2.38mbps. I thought this was 5G? When the t.v.'s work work & you can't go on your phone to even check your speed or go on a T-mobile site, what are you supposed to do? I am getting frustrated & having a hard time just getting to the community page to find out if others are experiencing the same difficulties the last two weeks. Please post and let me know if you are having these issues please. Thank you.

3 replies

I’m in California and I’m having the same issues the last 2 weeks. I keep having to unplug my gateway and even then it still isn’t working. I’ve had for over a year with little issues. This is driving me crazy. It sounds like it is a nationwide issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

No issues in Phoenix.

Badge

I live in the Frederick MD area, for almost 2 weeks on the western side of the county my bars will drop to 0 for long periods of time. Sometimes Ill see bars with no 4g or 5g indicators, it keeps bouncing. Usually this area had good 5gUC signal. Something happened in the last 2 weeks. Several areas along US Route 340 towards Jefferson MD and towards Leesbug VA show no bars.  My house has good 5G in the northern part of the county. I went to the TMobile store off Buckeystown Pike in Frederick and I had 5GUC there, but no more than a mile away I went dead. The service rep in the Tmobile store reset my network connections in my phone and switched me to an ESIM. I didnt help.