Question

Why is there mysteriously no longer signal in my house after T-Moblile/Sprint Merger?

• 20 November 2021
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 1

unless youre in a contract currently there shouldnt be any issues leaving TMO for V..heck usually carriers will have specials to get you to leave your current carrier to come to them..which they usually will cover some of the costs involved.

not that im trying to push you to V..but theres always options.

out of curiosity..did they upgrade your sim cards away from the original Sprint sim card to the R15 TMO sim card?

i also came over from Sprint..i can say i have noticed zero changes other than i now have 5G where i only had 4G with Sprint. all my former problem areas reception wise are still there..so no massive improvements on my end...but no bad areas i wasnt already used to either.

Yes ; they sent me over the new T-Mobile SIM cards and I got them switched over and activated , did the multiple restarts of both phones on the account and everything . 

the crazy part is, my mother has T-Mobile , she also had service out at my house ; worked great, almost as good as sprint did… well, at the same time , her T-Mobile phone stopped working out there and so did sprints , every “expert” I have talked to says they shut down all sprint towers and are upgrading tmobiles ….  In my opinion if you are going to buy a company , why wouldn’t you buy their towers also, and just slap your name of them while upgrading them at same time ? Would have saved a lot of people this headache… instead they shut down all sprint towers ? It’s crazy that  my mom went from having service , to having nothing at the same time also… I don’t know a person in my area that has service now . I worked for sprint for a few years and I know there are ways to check the information on projects and ways to know the exact issue , but it seems there isn’t one of the employees now that can tell me anything except they are “upgrading” towers….   I don’t think it’s a coincidence that where I live is the only one that hasn’t been fixed yet… my luck isn’t that bad… after seeing and reading so many others with this issue I have felt better about it but at the same time worry more because it shouldn’t be this way at all….

and yes , you would think that you could just easily leave T-Mobile and go to V which you can. But T-Mobile is charging a early cancellation fee ; and I haven’t been able to find a company that will pay off your current bill when you switch over to them like they used to … honestly if I have to get a home phone again so I don’t miss out on emergency calls I can, I just had a pulmonary embolism a few weeks ago and my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer a month ago also, so having communication is key … plus as mentioned, my job is fully ran through using data and my phone ….  I can set up WiFi out at my place sure , but it’s not easy these days to pay for all of that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Seeing that this is near the end of the Sprint network (2 weeks), I suspect that many people will be noticing areas that they roamed on Sprint seemlessly, now dead zones.

I have noticed an area north of where I am that has (had?) Sprint, AT&T and Verizon cell towers.  T-Mobile’s is +3 miles away, and this isn’t flat terrain.  I’m getting 1 bar at best between 2G, 3G, LTE 600 and ‘No Service’ where I used to get 4-5 bars of LTE B41, B25 or B26.  During the early days, Sprint was pushing 3CA B41 LTE.  Now I’m struggling with EDGE. and GSM for calls.

So, it looks like we are having the same issues as everyone else. T-Mobile bought Sprint and now we have 0, 1, or 2 bars in our own homes where we previously had 4 bars so service is slow and crappy. Very disappointing. Had Sprint for years and don’t really want to switch but since these comments started over a year ago without being resolved it doesn’t appear anyone cares? Shouldn’t they have looked to see if the towers from Sprint were being used before shutting them down. Seems sad that employees are even recommending switching to Verizon. Is there an end in sight? An actual date? Please respond! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

My husband and I have been Sprint customers for years.  We had fairly decent cellular service in our home, maybe losing service twice in 4 years due to major storms messing with the towers.  However, for some unknown reason that makes no sense to me (I’d assume service would improve), we now often entirely lose cell service completely at our home and within a 1 mile radius ever since we were instructed to change our SIM cards upon the T-Mobile/Sprint merger.  Not only is this frustrating, but my business and sanity are suffering.  I did not choose to work with T-Mobile.  We had a contract with Sprint.  Sometimes service is fine, but then for sometimes several weeks at a time, service is completely gone.  We have tried recalibrating our phones, etc.  My husband uses a Samsung Note and I have an iPhone 12 as well as a business cell that is also iPhone.  All 3 phones stop working for calls and texts for weeks at a time.  It is so unreliable and I am ready to find another option at this point unless this can be fixed.  We have tried working with technical support who work with us a bit but then try to tell us service is just sort of weak where we live - which may be true, but why did it work consistently for several years when we had Sprint?  Why all of a sudden do I rarely have signal in my home?  Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?  

I have been with T-Mobile for years and they have worked very well for me! I never had a problem with them, especially when I have gone to Europe. I did not need to get an International SIM card. But since towards the beginning of 2022, I have now had connections issues, mostly internet. I can't connect to FB, FB Messenger, Email, and my browsers as well as Telegram, WhatsApp and others. I also can't use the internet while on WiFi either. When I turn off my phone and then switch it on hours later, I can not connect to the internet at all either. Sprint and T-Mobile should not have merged. And from 2020-2021 things were still okay internet-wise for me weirdly enough, it just wasn't until the beginning of 2022 when I have begun to have those problems. 

Badge

I never roamed with Sprint especially at my home. As far as i can remember it may have roamed while out of town in other States in certain places like when in the middle of nowhere in Iowa. My daughter is diabetic and tried to call me the other day while i was at work because she wasnt feeling well and she said when she called a recording came on that said something about Verizon and something else about using a calling card. Ive heard the message before but i dont remember i hung up out of frustration almost as soon as it started. I am still paying over $3,500 a year for service we no longer get.