Zero outdoor service on Military Rd S, WA

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Since JBLM closed off their tower a year ago to non-military cell users, T Mobile has made no attempt to build a new tower. That means that Spanaway Park and Sprinker Center, local parks, have no 911 service despite encampments with fentanyl and meth users inhabiting the neighborhood.  I spend most of my day outdoors, and disabled and am a fall risk. The lack of cell service here is dangerous.  Besides complaining to the FCC, what else can I do? Tech support said to buy a new phone.  I have a brand new  Apple 15, and am very angry about my needless purchase. No modernization is planned in this area despite several T Mobile employees telling me there are two towers planned.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In theory, you can get 911 service from any carrier.

I wouldn’t take the ‘buy a new phone’ as advice.  T-Mobile’s left hand (customer care) doesn’t speak with their right hand (engineering/advanced technical support).  I’d recommend BBB/FCC escalation, since you told various things including ‘get a new phone’, which you have, and T-MObile is not providing service for anymore.