zip code

• 14 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

My internet devise has the wrong home zip code

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Your location is based on where the towers your TMHI actually connects to servers on the ground.  This can sometimes be upwards of 100 miles away and even more in very rural locations.  

Mine has two different spellings of my name, wrong zip code, have yet to ever receive the reset passcode, can’t EVER get into my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there, We always want to make sure that the account details are accurate to avoid headaches. 

My internet devise has the wrong home zip code

@tmetivier Where are you seeing the zip code listed incorrectly? If it is the billing address, then that can be updated on My.T-Mobile.com. If it is in the T-Mobile Internet app, then it could be like Syaoran says and it is different because of the dynamic IP address. 

Mine has two different spellings of my name, wrong zip code, have yet to ever receive the reset passcode, can’t EVER get into my account.

@Diaz324 Having this much mismatch is concerning for sure. Here on the Community, we have very limited account access. To make sure that all the ducks are in a row, I would encourage you to contact our support teams by giving us a call or sending us a direct message on Facebook. They can even file a quick ticket for MyT-Mobile registration issues to get you into the online account in a few minutes. 

Badge

I powered down the device then even unplugged it for a bit. Once restarted it found where it was. I am in NH the zip code shown was somewhere in MD. Now that the device is correct FUBO is now connected to my home network. prior it wasn’t. which meant no local programing. all is good now.