Question

Arcadyan Gateway

• 31 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I had to replace my gateway 2 weeks ago because it die suddenly. It will not power up. T-Mobile sent a replacement in just a few days. It was awesome, I was extremely happy with T-Mobile (here, a customer for 19+ years). What a disappointment. I connected as usual on 22MAR, and by the 23rd, I experienced no connection. I called on the 24th and took 75 minutes with the rep to connect. I was told a work on the towers was the culprit. Connection was down again in less than an hour. After many unsuccessful attempts, I called back the 27MAR to see if anything could be done to resolve this problem.  Again, it was almost an hour and had no success. The rep advised to see if during the next few days, the work with the towers was completed, and I will start enjoying the service as in the past. I am no IT or wireless expert, but I am assuming that my cellphone uses the same towers as the 5G Home. The cellphone connection at home is flawless. As of today, 30MAR24, at 11:56 PM, I am experiencing total loss of connection.  If I am able to connect, it is short-lived. From connection status of "Excellent" 5 Bars, it will be replaced by a all-grayed graphic with a connection error message. The Gateway had traveled every window in my apartment. It has been positioned along the exterior wall, inch by inch and even traveled to the balcony, and cruised the balcony edge, from one side to the other, and it had been suspended out in the air beyond the balcony perimeter more than 10 feet of distance. In all that effort, it proves to be apparently the only object unable to connect to any tower in the surrounding area.  If this was not an issue with the previous gateway, then I must consider the new gateway as the culprit, and perhaps one must consider changing the equipment. The tower idea is not making sense. 

Does anyone had experienced this issue??? Does anyone know a work around?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

It sounds like one of two things: 1) Your new gateway is defective, or 2) It was not configured with the correct home towers for your address.   You might try going into the TM Internet app and take note of what tower ID it is trying to connect too and whether that changes when you have a loss of signal.

Badge

I truly appreciate your feedback and definitely I will write down the tower information. I agree with you, at this point must be something wrong with the modem. I haven't experience any issues with the previous modem. To be honest, it was very rare that I had to reboot the unit. I only entered through the TM app if to add a device. It was very rare to experience a system down and the speed performance was much better than Comcast (which I have as a backup, need connectivity all the time because of work). I may visit TM store tomorrow to exchange the modem as it has been unable to connect for most of the day today. Thank you..