Solved

Arcadyan vs. Sagemcom to replace Nokia

• 4 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have the Nokia 5G21, and it’s been more than satisfactory. Usually close to 100 mbps down, and 20-30 mbps up. The biggest complaint has been occasional signal drops. I have a Eero 6 mesh wifi, and I run a double NAT--almost everything runs through the Eero first. On the Nokia there are 12 wifi bands, and I can turn them all off.

Lately it’s been locking up a few times a day and I’ve had to reboot it to get back online. I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and they’ll replace it under warrantee. But it sounds like my local store has only the Sagemcom and the Arcadyan. Or I might be able to get a Nokia shipped.

My first priority is not to loose any signal strength or quality. 

Which device is more likely to be able to reproduce the service we currently have? We connect to B66 and n41 bands, and all three devices say they connect to those. But the sagemcom lists many more bands than the Arcadyan or Nokia which might be better/stronger than what we’re currently getting?

Other priorities:

Can I turn off the wifi broadcast through the web GUI or app, as I can with the Nokia?

Or will either mesh with a dual band Eero 6?

Still no bridge mode, right?

Here are screenshots of typical signal strength on the Nokia:

icon

Best answer by tomwil 4 August 2023, 21:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I would stay with a Nokia (even if it has to be shipped), mainly because of its web GUI.

To get the same features with the Arcadyan or Sagemcom, you would need to use backdoor methods suggested by Nater Tater, or a 3rd party app.

Badge +1

I would stay with a Nokia (even if it has to be shipped), mainly because of its web GUI.

To get the same features with the Arcadyan or Sagemcom, you would need to use backdoor methods suggested by Nater Tater, or a 3rd party app.

Thanks. If the Sagemcom and Arcadyan don’t have a web GUI, then I’ll stick with the Nokia; it’s been good to us so far, so why mess around? The last thing I want is a device that has worse connectivity or fewer settings.