Solved

CAN I SWAP OUT MY NOKIA FOR AN ARCADYAN 5G GATEWAY?

• 4 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I spotted a TMO labeled Arcadyan and a TMO Nokia Router for $10 each at the local Goodwill. Both were date-coded 2022, neither had a power supply. Having a T-MO Nokia in my home system, I recognised them immediately, and bought the Arcadyan, with the understanding that I could return it if it didn’t work or was not compatible with my system. After calling TMO tech support who said it might work, I put my Nokia SIM in the Arcadyan, plugged in a USB-C 30 watt supply, did a quick reset, and voila!!, I’m getting 150 Mbps download consistently over ethernet and WiFi where I was getting 30 Mbps with the Nokia. My next move is to updated the IMEI with TMO and hopefully I can continue using the Arcadyan. Comments or concerns?

icon

Best answer by bocaboy2591 4 April 2023, 21:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I hate to be the party pooper, but wouldn't have T-Mobile just upgrade you for free to the KVD21 if you had asked?

Badge

Yea, I tried that Bocaboy, when my original Nokia’s battery died couple of months ago. I requested an Arcadyan replacement  ‘cause I’m a nerd. TMO sent me another Nokia.  The Goodwill Arcadyan seems to be working fine for the last 12+ hours, So far so good, although I am back to 30Mbps during the day.  5G signal seems to be slow but steady ‘round here, but I can’t beat the price as Xfinity was $65 p/month with a data cap when I switched 2 years ago. Thanks for your perspective. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I too have the Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway. While there is a 5G antenna less than a mile from me, I still can only connect with 4G LTE. Nonetheless, my speeds are good and I think the price for the service is unbeatable. I caught a promotion back in December that gave me a $25 per month price for as long as I maintain service. FAR better than the pricing Xfinity was giving me, plus their data caps and having to renegotiate the price every year!

Good luck with your service.

Badge

WOW!  $25 p/m!  I’m way envious of that rate, being gouged at $50😣 Kidding, actually I think T-MO is a fairly good, kinda dependable ISP at a reasonable rate. Xfinity and Verizon needed some competition IMO. Happy Easter y’all!☮

@JoseEm If you haven’t already call T_Mobile and confirm that gateway is not stolen or linked to an account that T-Mobile may try and make you pay for.Get everything in writing to cover your money.Check your bill often even if T-Mobile says it is a clean gateway they may try and charge you full price for it.