Solved

Canon Printer/Scanner won't connect to 5G Gateway

• 9 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have a Canon MG-3022 printer/scanner. When I was on the trial period of getting the 5G gateway, I could connect the printer portion of my printer/scanner but the scanner would not connect. It’s one unit. What a quirk! I spent an hour and a half on tech support with T-Mobile and finally got it set up so the printer and scanner worked OK. So everything is fine for a little over a month. Then last night my 5G Gateway got an update and rebooted itself while I was watching TV, I saw the 5G gateway power back on. Tonight, my printer works but my scanner doesn’t. I’ve tried to do reinstallation files for the printer/scanner like during the tech support call, but I can’t get the scanner to connect. I’ve put my 11 to 15 year old computers on the Gateway printer network during the tech support call. Seems equipment that is pre-2018 need to dial down the security and the Ghz to connect on a sub-network.

icon

Best answer by nc1037 9 April 2024, 16:18

View original

7 replies

With my Maxify MB2120 I had to do two things: 1) In T-Mobile Internet I had to add a Network with only 2.4ghz and wpa2/3. 2) I had to move through the printer screens to manually enter the wireless lan name and password.

#2 was done by going through the following screens: LAN settings > Advanced setup > scroll through networks until you see "Directly enter the wireless setup name > then manually enter the network name of your newly made 2.4 network followed by manually entering that network's passcode. And then you should be in

Badge

Same here. Some recent update (5G Gateway G4AR-1, now firmware v 1.00.09) broke 2.4Gz networks on my router.

They are no longer advertised, no matter what I do (rebooting, etc.).

No device can see it any longer.

Does anyone from T-Mobile look at these forums?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@IMOJazz Sorry, I’m out of ideas.  I have the Sagemcom FAST 5688W gateway.  It has the current firmware, but I don’t know when it got it.  I have not had any trouble; I can still print to my printer on the 2.4 GHz network from my laptop on the default network.

Good luck.  

@nc1037 Im not the OP. Just have a similar issue. I browsed the forum and it Looks like several customers are experiencing the same problem since an update was pushed. I did reboot everything. I also tried joining the 2.4G network directly with my computer and still couldn't see printers. The only way I was able to use print/scan was to direct connect with a CAT5 cable. That's not sustainable, with limited ports already utilized, and multiple printers. When I have a minute I'll call tech support and see if they can help me revert until the issue is addressed. Unless you have any other ideas...

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@IMOJazz are you the OP? 

Have you rebooted everything?  Gateway, then computers, then printers.

nc1037, I have a second network on my gateway. This was working fine until today. Now the computers on the 5G network can no longer see the printers on the 2.4 G network. It appears the update changed something. Any way I can modify a setting that will allow communication between the two networks? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Right, the trick is to have a second Wi-Fi network on your gateway.  It should be 2.4 GHz with WPA/WPA2 security for the older devices.  You probably still have this; perhaps your printer-scanner lost its connection.  
Post again if you need more detailed help.