Solved

Canon Printer/Scanner won't connect to 5G Gateway

• 9 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have a Canon MG-3022 printer/scanner. When I was on the trial period of getting the 5G gateway, I could connect the printer portion of my printer/scanner but the scanner would not connect. It’s one unit. What a quirk! I spent an hour and a half on tech support with T-Mobile and finally got it set up so the printer and scanner worked OK. So everything is fine for a little over a month. Then last night my 5G Gateway got an update and rebooted itself while I was watching TV, I saw the 5G gateway power back on. Tonight, my printer works but my scanner doesn’t. I’ve tried to do reinstallation files for the printer/scanner like during the tech support call, but I can’t get the scanner to connect. I’ve put my 11 to 15 year old computers on the Gateway printer network during the tech support call. Seems equipment that is pre-2018 need to dial down the security and the Ghz to connect on a sub-network.

icon

Best answer by nc1037 9 April 2024, 16:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Right, the trick is to have a second Wi-Fi network on your gateway.  It should be 2.4 GHz with WPA/WPA2 security for the older devices.  You probably still have this; perhaps your printer-scanner lost its connection.  
Post again if you need more detailed help.

nc1037, I have a second network on my gateway. This was working fine until today. Now the computers on the 5G network can no longer see the printers on the 2.4 G network. It appears the update changed something. Any way I can modify a setting that will allow communication between the two networks? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@IMOJazz are you the OP? 

Have you rebooted everything?  Gateway, then computers, then printers.

@nc1037 Im not the OP. Just have a similar issue. I browsed the forum and it Looks like several customers are experiencing the same problem since an update was pushed. I did reboot everything. I also tried joining the 2.4G network directly with my computer and still couldn't see printers. The only way I was able to use print/scan was to direct connect with a CAT5 cable. That's not sustainable, with limited ports already utilized, and multiple printers. When I have a minute I'll call tech support and see if they can help me revert until the issue is addressed. Unless you have any other ideas...

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@IMOJazz Sorry, I’m out of ideas.  I have the Sagemcom FAST 5688W gateway.  It has the current firmware, but I don’t know when it got it.  I have not had any trouble; I can still print to my printer on the 2.4 GHz network from my laptop on the default network.

Good luck.  

Badge

Same here. Some recent update (5G Gateway G4AR-1, now firmware v 1.00.09) broke 2.4Gz networks on my router.

They are no longer advertised, no matter what I do (rebooting, etc.).

No device can see it any longer.

Does anyone from T-Mobile look at these forums?

With my Maxify MB2120 I had to do two things: 1) In T-Mobile Internet I had to add a Network with only 2.4ghz and wpa2/3. 2) I had to move through the printer screens to manually enter the wireless lan name and password.

#2 was done by going through the following screens: LAN settings > Advanced setup > scroll through networks until you see "Directly enter the wireless setup name > then manually enter the network name of your newly made 2.4 network followed by manually entering that network's passcode. And then you should be in