Compatible Outdoor Security Camera & Lights . . . .

• 14 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

From your experience, which wireless outdoor security cameras with floodlights work well with T-Mobile internet and which do not?  I know from my own experience, using an indoor Panasonic window camera, that T-Mobile internet does not work as well as Cox did.  When I access the camera videos on my cell phone with the Panasonic Homehawk app, it always shows I am remotely connecting, even though I am at home, and the video playback in very slow.  Thus, I don’t want additional problems with the outdoor wireless camera I get. Plus, I prefer to get a camera without a subscription, if that makes a difference.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Snooooopy I have Amazon Blink cameras at my house and they have worked great over the past year. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Snooooopy I have Amazon Blink cameras at my house and they have worked great over the past year. 

Thanks.  I see they do make Blink models with lights, too.  Plus, their $3 subscription plan isn’t bad, if I change my mind about not using a plan.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I also use Blink.  I quit paying for the subscription.  When I am away, I get motion detection notifications and I can look in on any of the cameras.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I’ve been using Wyze V3 cameras for a year now without issue.

How do you get your sync module to link up..? a doorbell hooked up just fine but the stupid sync module keeps telling me wrong password and yes, I am spelling the password just fine

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Troubled blink I did have some trouble getting it initially set up.  I needed to reset the sync module with a paper clip.  I have a second 2.4 GHz WPA/WPA2 network set up on my gateway, which I use for the things that will not connect to the default network.  However as I recall, I was able to connect the sync module to the default network (2.4/5 GHz WPA2/WPA3.)  I can’t tell from the Blink app.  If you can’t get the module connected to the default network, try adding a 2.4 GHz network.  

Okay. I am old... How do I add a network?

Ps, mine is supposed to be dual

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Below is my standard write-up for how to add a network.  I do think the Blink Sync Module should be able to connect to 5 GHz as well as 2.4 GHz, but 2.4 GHz generally reaches throughout the home better than 5 GHz.  You might also try moving the sync module to be closer to the gateway, but of course still within good range of the cameras.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some devices cannot see or connect to the gateway’s default network.  You want to leave this network alone and ADD a second network with the + sign at the bottom of the Network tab in the T-Mobile Internet app.  For this new network, set the band to 2.4 GHz and set the WPA version to WPA/WPA2.  Try connecting your device to this second network.  Use the default network for your other devices, as much as possible.

Here are the T-Mobile support instructions for how to add the second network with the app.

Android  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | Android | T-Mobile Support

iOS  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | iOS | T-Mobile Support