Solved

connecting an HP Officeject Pro 8620 printer to the tmobile home internet device

• 18 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

my new tmobile home internet will not recognize my HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer; how to I connect?

icon

Best answer by iTinkeralot 18 October 2022, 23:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

According to the specifications that supports 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz only so you will need to establish it on the 2.4GHz frequency to connect it to the wireless network. According to the user manual it should support WPA2 authentication. If it is the one I suspect it is then it hales from 2014-2015 so 2.4GHz.

If you use the T-Mobile home internet mobile application you should be able to setup an additional SSID network name for the printer on the 2.4 GHz radio and provide WPA/WPA2 authentication. Configure the network name (SSID) for the printer network and authentication password. Then try to connect it again.

If there are problems and the printer has a physical Ethernet port, which it seems it may have, then you could connect it to the gateway with an Ethernet cable and that should get it on the LAN. You might have to reset the network settings for the printer back to factory default to start with then try to get it connected. Some printers tend to hold onto old network information or have been connected with static IP addressing and need to have DHCP enabled

grizz,

Are you connecting everything to your T-Mobile Internet Gateway or are you using a network connected to a router that is connected to the gateway?

If it is the first option, you have all of your devices directly connecting to the Black box (gateway) provided by T-Mobile. You can do one of two things here. Either directly connect your printer to the back of the gateway with an ethernet cable or use the network name and password associated with the Gateway. You have to choose manual wifi set up in the printer options.

If you have your home network connected to a router, just plug the router into the Gateway and it should be good to go. There is no need to change anything other than the router talking to the gateway.