Question

Dynamic = IP address changing issues

• 13 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

cald t-mobil support of the issue, they said it’s a FUBO issue. Cald FUBO and they are aware of the issue as is HULU. Hulu apparently is not supporting 5G mobil internet services so, I have to assume this is not a streaming service provider issue as much as a mobil hotspot 5G gateway issue that can’t hold service to the original set up location ip address for Live TV local channel service only. I can only assume then that Verizon, AT&T 5G gateways using these mobil Routers are having the same problem. Hard wired internet providers such as cable TV, Fidium Fiber etc appear to not loose local channels. Hopefully either T-Mobil or the Streaming services will get this resolve or live streaming will end B4 it really gets off the ground?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

If you go with Youtube TV it works fine because you use your smartphone’s GPS to confirm geolocation for your streaming app (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)

Badge

Searched the web and apparently YouTube tv customers are also loosing location and live local news on T-Mobil internet. 
Not sure if using a T-Mobil I-phone to watch apps on my Apple TV is the answer. I assume you would have to hdmi connect or screen mirroring?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Searched the web and apparently YouTube tv customers are also loosing location and live local news on T-Mobil internet. 
Not sure if using a T-Mobil I-phone to watch apps on my Apple TV is the answer. I assume you would have to hdmi connect or screen mirroring?

I am using Apple TV and prior to that Fire Stick. When installing Youtube TV app, you login and app will ask you to open the Youtube TV app on your smartphone so it can use GPS toglet local channels. Youtube TV app for streaming devices does not use you public IP for geolocation, you have to use a smartphone during installation. I’ve used Youtube TV this way for over a year with no issues and I have it in two homes and both get their respective local channels.

Badge

T-Mobil Tech Support just cald me in a followup: I’m gonna sign up thru T-Mobil Link offer to Youtube TV Live and try it for a month free. Unfortunately they don’t offer History Channel or NESN-Red Sox Channel, which I now use/need Philo for History and FUBO for NESN. But am going to try Youtube Live for a month. 

Thank Cali Cat