Question

gateway lies

• 23 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

My gateway says internet very good but none of my devices will connect. This happens and off all day every day! I don't want to go back to my regular internet service ugh! Does anyone know how to fix this? 

4 replies

Mine is the exact same. It never gets better. They've sent me a new gateway device as well and it made no difference. I've reached out to them several times and still it doesn't work well at all.  I think it may be time to get another provider unfortunately. 

Mine is the same one minute it's working and the next minute it's not.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This is a well known and widely discussed problem. It’s almost never a broken gateway, so replacing it usually does no good. Rebooting the gateway usually reestablishes internet. This problem occurs with all three brands of device that T-Mobile uses. 

Badge

Just had a call to Customer Service for similar issues:  1) Home Internet drops tower connection randomly; and, 2) The iOS Internet app does not connect to my gateway.

Here are the answers I just received from Customer Service.

Regarding the dropped connections:  T-Mobile’s internet service is not a secure wired connection like competitors.  So a good connection depends on alot of factors.  Translation: T-mobile is not as reliable!  If you want reliability, get a wired connection.

Regarding the iOS app: That is a known issue.  They have no target date to resolve.  Find someone with an Android device and use that.  Translation: T-mobile does not have the technical skill set (internal or external) to fix an app that provides extremely basic functionality.

Sounds like Tmobile adopted an interesting business model.