Question

Getting RDP to work through TMobile home Internet

• 26 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’ve had Remote Desktop working with Comcast/Xfinity for quite a few years. Is there a trick to getting this setup on TMobile Home Internet? I’m not seeing how to setup port forwarding in the TMobile router, and my Netgrear router which handles Wifi and network access is setup correctly. Any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

unsolicited inboud trafitc gets filtered on it’s way through their funky 464 psuedo CGNAT/VPN tunnel configuration (their cell network is v6 only, so it does some funky stuff to handle v4 addresses, and it breaks traffic you would normally just port forward into your network).

Some people have managed to get SOME peer traffic to pass by using a VPN… but that can be hit and miss.

You can simply use TeamViewer to connect. 

I guess the main question is when is TMO going to fix this issue for RDP and VPN back. 

in my case TeamViewer is not an option, ony RDP. Not allow to install any extra software here., 

I had the same problem where couldn’t open RDP session to server. Used the chat feature on the app to get support and they fixed it. It’s probably blocked by default until you call and ask for it.