Question

Home Internet Goes Out Every Couple of Hours

Show first post

26 replies

Badge

I signed up about 2 months ago ($60/mo, just missed the $50 price) and ran the 5G gateway side by side with my Comcast and finally decided last week to cancel my 19+ year Comcast service. This week my speeds have gone to $hit and I notice  the gateway is not connecting to the secondary signal anymore, just a slow B12 band no matter how much I restart. I just read in another thread someone who is going through something similar said he needs to reboot his gateway from the app every few days after removing the ethernet cable to his existing router, then once it reboots, he can plug ethernet back in. Last week when I switched over,  I plugged in my existing router permanently via ethernet instead of just testing it for short periods. 
Note that I have NOT yet tried this type of reboot, I literally just read this in another thread and then I saw this thread. I am curious if the others here experiencing the slow downs are also plugging in a router of sorts to the gateway via ethernet and wanted to pass this on in case it’s a workaround of sorts.