Question

Home internet service is not reliable. What are my solutions? Family has terminally ill member who has online doctor visits.

• 16 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’ve had the home internet service since end of last year. It has been progressively getting worse. I’m unable to connect during the day during the most important times when family member needs to be on an appointment with doctors. I’ve noticed my mobile phone data works better than my home internet but at the same time. I’ve noticed my phone service disconnects.

I’m not sure at this point what I should do. Or if I should just cancel and move on since the service is unreliable and when I signed up for home internet I was told I would receive a $50 discount which never happened despite submitting code. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@noetic while reviewing a few other sections of the community forms with similar complaints, I came across this one: 

A few thoughts:

1. has anything in your geographical area changed? A new building, trees, etc. that could block your signal? 
  2. Did you use the Placement Assistant (located on the front of your Home Screen for the T-Mobile Internet app? This can be very helpful for you to place your gateway in the optimum  location in your home for the best signal. 
  3. The above mentioned forum suggests to power down the gateway, remove and reinstall the SIM card, to clear memory and re-establish a good connection with your cell tower.

Let us know how this works. 

Well I have had the same experience, my internet gets worse every day. Also when I went with t mobile is because I thought wow great deal with the rebate I called got it and they told me that I would get the $200 virtual credit card after paying on time and then checked to make sure that my email was correct. Well that’s 5 months ago when I should have gotten the rebate at 90 days. I have to get the card so my son would have a birthday gift and then dinner, because we don’t have money due to the fact that me single mom of two great boys I couldn’t even imagine a day without them, anyway so I was not told anything except to pay bill on time and I have this whole time thinking that they were going to be sending it any day , but it is two days my sons birthday so I called and apparently I needed to register something back then and I was not told that  So I don’t understand how I can just get told that I can’t get it because I never did something they never told me to do, how could I since I was never told? I am a newly re diagnosed for the 6th time, I have been going through so much. I am a violent crime victim, so you can imagine how much worse this lie they told me was when I signed up! They sold me the crappy internet, lied about just having to pay on time. The company obviously doesn’t value as customers because they won’t pay it to me because they had an employee lie or wasn’t trained correctly! I don’t understand why they would have the customers keep leaving due to not good service and mostly because the lies are what made me sign up and going to be leaving. T-Mobile due to lack of compassion. I feel so disrespected!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

What Gateway are you guys using and what are your advanced Metric numbers for both LTE and 5G. It would help troubleshoot on why your services has gotten worse over time.