Solved

how do I displaying 2.4ghz?

Badge

Only one wifi router is displayed.  It is the 5ghz.  How do I get the 2.4ghz to display so my irobot can find it?thanks

icon

Best answer by gramps28 5 May 2024, 05:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Answer is in the link below.

https://community.t-mobile.com/gateways-and-devices-37/how-to-splil-2-4-and-5g-on-nokia-49177

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

INSTRUCTIONS

You can have several Wi-Fi networks on the gateway.  You want to leave the default network alone (2.4 & 5 GHz; WPA2/WPA3 and AES security) and add a second, dedicated 2.4 GHz network.  This second network is for devices that can’t connect to the default network.

Add the second network with the + sign at the bottom of the Network tab in the T-Mobile Internet app on your phone.  For this new network, set the band to 2.4 GHz and set the WPA version to WPA/WPA2.   (The encryption will automatically change to “TKIP & AES”)  Try connecting your device to this second network.

Use the default network for your other devices, as much as possible.  Note that WPA/WPA2 (on the second network) is less secure, so I recommend setting this network to be Hidden. You can hide it after you get your devices connected to it.

Here are the T-Mobile support instructions for how to add the second network with the app.

Android  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | Android | T-Mobile Support

iOS  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | iOS | T-Mobile Support

Main instructions

Help Center | APP Android | T-Mobile Support

Help Center | APP iOS | T-Mobile Support

I just got the mobile 5g gateway and I have a solid 4 bars the tower is 3/4 of a mile from me . I'm getting low download speeds such as 4 and sometimes as high as 26 and like 50 Meg upload speeds , I can barely watch 1 TV and it buffers like crazy I called service for help they said they put cell phones as priority! I'm old I'm down in my back and can't watch TV HELP ME PLEASE 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Maddjack I think you can probably improve your download speeds with re-positioning the gateway.  You might need to try another room, especially if is in a room far from your TV.  Use the Speedtest by Ookla app on your phone, connected to your Wi-Fi. Measure the speed near your TV.  Measure the speed near your gateway.  There will be some drop-off, but you can use this as a method to experiment and find the best location.  You can also try rotating the gateway.

My gateway is 20 feet from my tv and I used the Ookla app and no dice , tried a lot of different places also. Nc1037 what's next I can't figure it out,  thanks for replying