How often to restart gateway for optimal performance

• 20 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

How often should I restart my gateway if at all for optimal performance?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have mine on a timer that reboots 3 times per week at 3am.  I haven’t had the need to “maunally” reboot it.  The main reason I do this, though, is if I’m away from the house for a while, this keeps the internet running smoothly without me being there.

How do you get your gateway to automatically do this? I can’t find an option like this in the TMHI app.

I use a timer like this….it’s only something like 15 bucks on Amazon….

I have mine on a timer that reboots 3 times per week at 3am.  I haven’t had the need to “maunally” reboot it.  The main reason I do this, though, is if I’m away from the house for a while, this keeps the internet running smoothly without me being there.

How do you get your gateway to automatically do this? I can’t find an option like this in the TMHI app.

Mine is configured to check for updates and reboot every morning at 3am, it’s unavailable for about a minute and a half when that happens. That seems to keep it working okay.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@DThomas, I hardly every reboot my Arcadyan KVD21 gateway.  I do it occasionally when the gateway looses 5G or when it connects to a band that has a bit slower speeds.  The one update the gateway has had in the last 10 months came in automatically.

Mine is configured to check for updates and reboot every morning at 3am, it’s unavailable for about a minute and a half when that happens. That seems to keep it working okay.