How often to restart gateway for optimal performance

• 20 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

How often should I restart my gateway if at all for optimal performance?

6 replies

Mine is configured to check for updates and reboot every morning at 3am, it’s unavailable for about a minute and a half when that happens. That seems to keep it working okay.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@DThomas, I hardly every reboot my Arcadyan KVD21 gateway.  I do it occasionally when the gateway looses 5G or when it connects to a band that has a bit slower speeds.  The one update the gateway has had in the last 10 months came in automatically.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have mine on a timer that reboots 3 times per week at 3am.  I haven’t had the need to “maunally” reboot it.  The main reason I do this, though, is if I’m away from the house for a while, this keeps the internet running smoothly without me being there.

Mine is configured to check for updates and reboot every morning at 3am, it’s unavailable for about a minute and a half when that happens. That seems to keep it working okay.

How do you get your gateway to automatically do this? I can’t find an option like this in the TMHI app.

I have mine on a timer that reboots 3 times per week at 3am.  I haven’t had the need to “maunally” reboot it.  The main reason I do this, though, is if I’m away from the house for a while, this keeps the internet running smoothly without me being there.

How do you get your gateway to automatically do this? I can’t find an option like this in the TMHI app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I use a timer like this….it’s only something like 15 bucks on Amazon….