I may have some idea behind the KVD Connection Dropout Bug

• 15 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Something I have been noticing with the KVD Gateway.

The initial Release Firmware has a bug that causes the gateway to drop the connection - a reboot usually fixes this.

Something I have noticed:

The secondary connection seems currently locked to 5G Bands and will not connect to LTE. (Current available bands being n41 and n71)

Whenever it loses the n41 connection, the gateway will drop to "No connection" briefly as it latches onto n71.

It appears the gateway has a hard time re-connecting to bands it was connected to, but couldn't hold onto - so if it drops the n71 band and cannot quickly re-connect to a different tower/band, it completely drops the connection.

The gateway also seems incapable of connecting both "channels" to LTE at this time - and if it doesn't have a connection on both "channels" it will drop the connection to the internet.

Couple that with it not easily re-picking up bands it already connected to and you lose the connection pending a reboot.

Let's hope a firmware update comes out that fixes this "latching" issue and also allows it to drop to 2 LTE connections if it cannot latch to a 5G connection. (Which would be a "stability" fix.)

2 replies

Badge

I see the loss of wan side connections too.  I need to power cycle the unit to get it to reconnect :-(

Badge

When mine drops out, it’ll show a good signal, but even the app and web interface will say there’s no internet.

So no matter how I connect to the gateway (my desktop is wired to it) - it doesn’t get an internet connection until the gateway reboots.