Question

iphone 14 wont connect to T-Mobile internet

• 17 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just got my new iPhone 14 yesterday and it will not connect to my T-Mobile internet. I keep getting a message that says “this network is operating on wifi channels in use by several other nearby networks”. It suggests restarting, which I have done several times and it doesn’t work. I have other devices connected, so what is the problem?

3 replies

I too am experiencing a similar issue. I think that it may have something to do with new modems being set up in my neighborhood using similar configuration for ‘channels’. I am able to connect to the internet through an ethernet connection directly to my desktop, but have had no success in connecting any wireless devices. I have conducted both a hard and soft reset to the router/modem to no avail. Please keep me posted on any new developments as it is my understanding that many people are expericing this issue.

I should note, 5G UC was recently expanded to my area as I noticed it for the first time on my iPhone (13) yesterday while at home. Perhaps this has something to do with it as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Most people never bother looking at what WiFi Networks are around them or what channels they are broadcasting on when setting up their internet.  Most routers/gateways will default to channel 6 for 2.4GHz as an example.  Using an app like WiFi Analyzer to identify your network and the networks around you and rerunning the setup on your T-Mobile gateway to change the default WiFi channel to something 3 numbers away from the strongest networks around you, should resolve this.l  Also, separating your 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi is also highly recommended.  

I have spoken with T-mobile and they guided me through a process of resetting the router I am using. There appears to have been some discrepancy with some network interference. The router is now working and even better so than before. I recommend using the chat function on their support website.