Question

Lease renew

• 19 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

For some reason this thing decides to shut down and restart every night.  I looked into my config and saw that the lease expires tomorrow at, you guessed it, the time it restarts every night.  Is there any particular reason this thing only issues a 24 hours lease?

Sagemcom Fast 5688W

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Maybe @bocaboy2591 or @copz1998 have an idea why.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@gramps28, I don't know why it would behave like that. I have the Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway so I'm not as familiar with the Sagemcom. Is there any chance that it's plugged into a power strip that is on a timer of some sort?

Sorry to not be more helpful. Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Dizzle47 I have the Sagemcon gateway and it has worked great. I agree with Bocaboy2951, is your gateway plugged not something that turns off or goes to sleep with no use, or straight into the wall outlet? Your situation is not something engineered into the gateway. If it continues, I would take it back to the local T-Mobile store for an exchange unit. 

Good luck!

Badge

So I thought it was a lease thing but last night it restarted at 9:44pm.  I still dont understand why the lease is so short when all my other connections show year 2159 for lease expiration.  Anyhow, it restarts EVERY night and its driving me nuts.  Of course I really only use it between 6pm-11pm so I am always in middle of something.  It is plugged in the same APC my computer is on, not a timed strip or anything like that.  Nothing else reacts this way.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

It sure sounds like a TTL issue. If it bothers you and is disruptive to your work, I'd make T-Mobile replace it. @copz1998 is right. Trade it out for a new one. You might consider trying the Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway which is the latest one that they're offering.

Again, I'm so sorry that I can't be more helpful with your issue. Good luck!