Question

Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System

• 14 April 2021
  • 59 replies

Show first post

59 replies

NETGEAR - Orbi RBK753S AX4200 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router with Two Satellite Extenders, whats the easiest way to use the orbi router and 2 sattellites with the Tmobile wifi router???????????

Gary

I have the same question. Not sure if I did it the way I’m supposed to but I set up the Orbi router and satellites using the same ssid and password as my T-Mobile gateway then went into Orbi afterwords and turned it into access point. 

will this cause any issues?

NETGEAR - Orbi RBK753S AX4200 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router with Two Satellite Extenders, whats the easiest way to use the orbi router and 2 sattellites with the Tmobile wifi router???????????

Gary

Is the ASUS AX wifi 6router Ethernet wired connected to the T-mobile router? Hopping for a wireless connection 

I have as ASUS AX wifi 6router with a compatible aimesh ASUS AC1900 as a node and it works great all wireless.

wired is no problem, question is a wireless connection using the mesh setup??

I have setup several models of Decos and I have never seen one where the main Deco can wirelessly connect to a modem like a range extender would. So I don’t think it is a limitation of the Modem (Gateway), but rather a limitation of how mesh devices are built right now. You can buy a wifi 6 range extender with an Ethernet  port, setup the range extender to connect to the Tmo gateway and then plug the Deco into the range extender.

I also have a Deco Wi-Fi 6 mesh router and have scoured the web looking for any info on this ability of the 5G gateway… but only turned up this post. :) 

This would be an amazing feature if we could join it in to our existing mesh networks… and would further expand our coverage.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have an Orbi router and two satellites.   Not certain it is a true mesh system.

I simply connected the Orbi router WAN/Internet port to a free ethernet port on the T-Mobile Gateway.    In the Orbi I changed it to Access Point mode.   No other changes.

I have the Eero mesh devices, and also would like to know if can connect without an ethernet cable, making the TMo HI device the primary and my Eeros as secondary for the mesh.