Question

moving from cable modem to T-Mobile 5G Highspeed gateway disable wifi?

• 6 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

moving from cable modem to T-Mobile 5G Highspeed gateway disable WiFi? I have a DECO M5 mesh with firewall and security features that do not run in AP mode. I have just unplugged from modem and into the gateway. It is working but would like to turn off the Gateway’s WLAN. I do not want the non-used WLAN to compete with the MESH. Some also have said gaming will not function correctly. They say double NAT’ng.  Why can’t things have simple and advanced modes of setup. Or in this case the switch from a cable modem should have a macro option in setup that if you select it automatically sets all that is needed to simulate a modem.

5 replies

I have the EXACT same setup - Deco - do not want to use the internal wifi on the gateway. Any updates to this issue? How do I turn it off? 

Plus one on this.  I am in a trial period.  Performance of internet is okay, but I am having trouble getting HP eprint to work and basically the configuration on the 5G gateway is majorly lacking to address anything.  I would like to turn off the wi-fi and just have it feed my existing Wi-fi with an internet facing IP.  Can this be done?  Again, the 5G gateway is pretty much non-configurable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

IF you want to disable the WIFI radios on the Arcadyan GW go and watch Nater Tater’s YouTube videos and you will find the information you need. It is not as simple as with the Nokia GW but can be done. It takes a little more focus and technical savvy but it is possible.

There are posts in the Community forum and on Reddit.com as there are lots of users that have posted on the T-Mobile home internet solution out there about the same desires. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

At present, you can disable wifi. There are many posts that show how depending on the model of your gateway. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable DHCP on the gateway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That is true the DHCP is an issue you can’t handle right now. I guess they finally pushed out the firmware update to improve the lacking interface on the Arcadyan a bit. It needs more for sure but hopefully in time they will improve that.