Solved

My Brother HL-L2360D printer prints intermittently

• 28 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

My Brother HL-L2360D printer worked like a charm with my old Xfinity wifi network. When I switched to T-Mobile internet I connected it to  the network and everything looked good. The printer still shows up in my Mac’s list of available printers. But frequently the printer won’t wake-up to start a print job. It seems I have to use the printer’s network set-up wizard almost every day to reconnect the printer to the network.

How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Keystone man 1 January 2024, 17:46

View original

8 replies

Badge

My Brother HL-L2360D printer worked like a charm with my old Xfinity wifi network. When I switched to T-Mobile internet I connected it to  the network and everything looked good. The printer still shows up in my Mac’s list of available printers. But frequently the printer won’t wake-up to start a print job. It seems I have to use the printer’s network set-up wizard almost every day to reconnect the printer to the network.

How can I fix this?

Turn your security set to WPA instead of WPA2/WPA2 like T-Mobile factory sets gateways. Then be sure to completely restart the gateway after saving change. Printers only work reliable on WPA security setting

Badge

Thanks for the reply. Is that a change I make to the T-Mobile gateway, to the printer or both? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You also want to turn off t he auto channel setting for each band.  Channing the channel from 6 on the 2.4GHz to 9 or any other, will  cause all  devices to lose connection and need to reconnect.  Some devices won’t reconnect properly if the channel has changed since the connection has been saved.  

Badge

I make that change to the T-Mobile gateway via the app? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I make that change to the T-Mobile gateway via the app? 

Yes.

Badge

Thanks for the reply. Is that a change I make to the T-Mobile gateway, to the printer or both? 

Just make change to T-Mobile gateway under settings. All new printers still run WPA protocol. Good luck. 

Badge

May I ask which T-Mobile gateway you have ?  I have a feeling you have one of the older ones. Go take your gateway to a store and exchange for a brand new Arcadian G4AR gateway instead. If they give you grief of changing gateways. Make up store it kicks off line all the time. That is excuse enough to exchange. New gateways are a 100% better. Way stronger wifi and cellular antennas inside it. Plus you can add a outside mimo antennas.  If you can't get a new gateway. Tell them you want to end your service then on home internet. Then turn around and go to a different store or walk outside and walk back in and say I want to get the new home internet.  Seriously, good managers of stores will tell you this.  Hope this helps you. But old gateways were famous for slight glitch in transmitting. Which things like printers can't handle. Now for printer going to sleep. That is typically in your printers energy saving mode. You can always go by printer before starting and just tap any key on screen which will take it out of energy savings mode for a few hours too.  Everyone have yourselves a fantastic day. 

Badge

How can I fix this?

Turn your security set to WPA instead of WPA2/WPA2 like T-Mobile factory sets gateways. Then be sure to completely restart the gateway after saving change. Printers only work reliable on WPA security setting

Do you also have your 2 different internet 5hz and 2.5hz ??  You need to separate them in resetting up both separate channels. Printers can't connect to 5hz. So you need to reset your router and split those two. Then connect printer to your new 2.5hz. When you switch off the two bands the gateway won't also try changing it's channels too. Which can give printer bad performance.