Solved

MyQ (Chamberlain) garage door and Gateway 5G router not compatible

• 12 January 2023
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Did you disable DHCP on the TP-Link Router? Only one device on a network can operate as a DHCP server to hand out IP addresses.

If you want to use the TP-Link for wireless, I'd put it into access point mode (AP), but if you're trying to get the garage unit to communicate with your WiFi network, why not just create a new network on your T-Mobile gateway as I described above. From what you've described, you don't need a separate router., maybe just a WiFi extender.

I’m having this problem too! After reading other threads I bought the TP LINK AC1200 WiFi Router. I connected the it onto the T-Mobile router. I disconnected the 5ghz on the TP LINK and only allow 2.4ghz. When I try to connect the Wi-Fi the MYQ to TP Link, it can’t find the connection at all  :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Here is a possible workaround to your problem.

Create a new network in the T-Mobile app. Give it a different name (SSID) than your primary network, configure the frequency as 2.4 MHz only, and choose WPA/WPA2 as the WPA version. 

Also be aware that some extenders use a form of NAT to connect to your network. I have a Netgear EX2700 that I've been using successfully for a long time, but with T-Mobile, while it still works as an extender, it does not have a unique IP address so that I can access the configuration page.

I am having the same issue what is TP link extender and where do I buy it.

Badge

Thanks,

I’ll try connecting to my TP-Link extender.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

There is another thread around here regarding this issue (Im too lazy to find it for you).  But t.he recommendation seems to be to add a WiFi extender and connect the Chamberlain to that