Question

myq garage door opener wont connect on 2.4ghz band

Show first post

29 replies

Please, just take your T-Mobile box and plug it in to the same electrical circuit of the device you are trying to connect and go through the connections steps,  remember T-Mobile boxes like to be in a window or if you are connecting a garage door open be sure the door is open while you are connecting. I have never read so many complicated suggestions in my life.  I figured this out and I am 75 years old!

Thanks I tried this but, unfortunately didn't work for me 😕

The KVD21 won’t connect to MyQ. Unfortunately, KVD21 Is blocking a port used by MyQ.  Solution is to connect another router or extender to KVD21, then connect MyQ to the other router or extender. And always set the broadcast  to 2.4.   Until T-Mobile unblocks that port via firmware update, we are SOL with the KVD21 connecting to MyQ. 

I ordered a cheap extender (  TP-Link WiFi Extender ) rom Amazon. Another commenter here used it successfully.  

I added a TP-Link $60 router to our T-Mobile network and set it up using Chamberlain specs (2.4ghz and WPA3). Then I deleted the opener from MyQ. Went into My Devices and added the opener again and it is working for us. 

Hope this helps