Nee T-Mobile Arcadyan TMO-G4AR + 4x4 Waveform test

• 12 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I thought this might be worth posting for new and existing T-Mobile Home Internet customers. A few have posted concerns about lack of signal strength. I think the following might be evidence of moving in the correct direction. There are several 4x4 (4 cables) antennas for home internet, and I think Waveform and Proxicast (you can find them Amazon). 

Watch till the end where Nader Nader posts some before and after data as well as cable connection sequence. 

Will you consider making the switch?

5 replies

Badge

I want to switch to this gateway as it has a few more 5g bands and carrier aggregation but for the life of me can't find anyone that can swap my existing gateway with the new one. Stores say they don't have them and everyone I talked to in support either don't know what I am talking about or flat out can't do it because you just "get what is available".

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@elliwigy Nader Tader mentioned that he had to make a phone call to technical support for Home Internet to get the new G4AR gateway. Good question, I don’t have a workaround for your question. Because it's new, I suppose the tech support phone folks have been advised that the new gateway is a limited item. I wonder if you were approach it as a “new” customer and want to signup with a new account, would you be sent the new G4AR gateway?

Interesting. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

In his latest YouTube video Nater Tater explains how to get the new TMO-G4AR gateway.  https://youtu.be/r1wlZkPLMpI?si=VtGD5Vx7LbctaUKq

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@henry51 thanks!

Badge

@elliwigy Nader Tader mentioned that he had to make a phone call to technical support for Home Internet to get the new G4AR gateway. Good question, I don’t have a workaround for your question. Because it's new, I suppose the tech support phone folks have been advised that the new gateway is a limited item. I wonder if you were approach it as a “new” customer and want to signup with a new account, would you be sent the new G4AR gateway?

Interesting. 

Hello, 

I watched the Nater Tator vid. I will try calling sales here shortly to try and add a new line.

Unfortunately, none of the 3 stores I went to had any idea about a new gateway which sadly I expected (they are not very knowledgeable about anything usually). 

I went on Facebook Messenger and of course I didn't expect them to help at all (and they didn't dissapoint.) They didn't know about it either until I sent them a picture of it on TMO website with the model number. They then of course said they can't order the new one and the stores don't have them and said for new customers it's the luck of the draw basically. They then tried to troubleshoot with me even after I was very clear that my issue isn't something they can fix as it's the speeds that isn't fast enough at times when I work from home and I wanted the new model as it supports more bands, has carrier aggregation and outputs to connect a 2x2 or 4x4 MIMO external antennae. They had no idea what I was talking about and kept insisting I have the newest model.

I then called customer service. More of a waste of time. They basically said theres no way I can get the new model, stores don't carry them yet, if I do a warranty swap I'll get the same model and even new customers can't order them.

I then called tech support. She was somewhat helpful (or so it seemed). She said she had to TS some stuff on her end just to go through the motions. She said my model shows it isn't compatible in my area (Gateway isn't capable of Extended LTE and something else) and is likely why my speeds aren't great. She said she would notate my account so when I found a store that has them then they can read the notes and she put in there I need the new model due to compatibility and to swap it out free of charge. She reiterated they cant order it like it will default to whatever it wants basically.

I then saw fb messanger had another person take over the chat who basically told me that they didnt see any notes on my account. They kept telling me I had the newest model and my current gateway had all the same exact features as the G4AR. They then proceeded to tell me that if I wanted extended wifi for better speeds I can get a wifi 6 mesh system. I corrected them and said I use the LAN port for one, and I said I wanted the external antennae option, not wifi extender which wouldnt improve speeds and how they are not the same and my current one is not the newest one. I then asked if I could add a 2nd one to my account and they told me I could not. I then said well maybe I will have to cancel it and re-add it as a new line and they didn't reply again.

Of course when I go on the website now to add another home internet line whenI go to check availability it says its not available in my area.I tried multiple addresses as well and all said its not available in my area which is funny because I have had it registered at 2 dif. addresses now in the same area already so not sure why all of a sudden it says its not available.

I just checked my emails and I got a feedback service about the deactivation of my home internet line but it isn't deactivated and I didn't cancel it lol.

I worked at 2 major cell carriers (call centers) in various departments for over 8 years (4 for US Cellular and 4+ at Sprint in account services) with all those years as QA. On Sprint I was there right up until the merger was official. I handled all the executive escalations for my site and although the systems TMO uses are different, I am sure they are similar. I find it hard to believe they can't place an order for a specific model. I mean I would understand if they were simply honest and said they have the ability but are not allowed to per policy instead of lieing about it, playing dumb & completely ignoring everything you say and just continue to try and tell you that you have the best gateway they have and continually trying to troubleshoot which is just flat out annoying. Unfortunately, 99% of employees at any carrier are completely oblivious to anything and they never use their resources effectively even after you correct them. They just lie out their teeth and say whatever they think you want to hear just to get you off the line.

It's sad really.