Question

netgear router problem

• 29 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I connected my netgear nighthawk AX4 router to the home 5G. All the lights on my netgear router are on. However there is no available network to connect. When I open the tmobile app I see my router as a connected device. The netgear app cannot see my router so I am unable to use that. Any help would be appreciated 🙏 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is the Netgear router in AP Mode?  The TMHI Gateway has routing functions and does not have a bridge mode setting.  

Please check the lights on Netgear router to see if its connected properly.

1. Power LED

NETGEAR Power LED icon

• Solid green or white: Your router is ready.

2. Internet LED

NETGEAR Internet LED icon

• Solid white: WiFi radios are operating.
  • Blinking: The router is sending or receiving WiFi traffic.

WiFi Band LEDs

NETGEAR 2.4GHz LED icon NETGEAR 5GHz LED icon NETGEAR 6GHz LED icon

• Solid white: The corresponding WiFi radio is operating.
  • Blinking: The router is sending or receiving traffic on the corresponding WiFi radio.

USB LEDs 

NETGEAR USB1 LED icon NETGEAR USB2 LED icon NETGEAR USB 3.0 LED icon

• Off: No USB device is connected, or the Safely Remove Hardware button was pressed and you can remove the attached USB device.
  • Blinking: A USB device is plugged in and is trying to connect.
  • Solid green or white: A USB device is connected and ready.

Ethernet LEDs

NETGEAR Ethernet 1 LED icon  NETGEAR Ethernet 2 LED icon  NETGEAR Ethernet 3 LED icon  NETGEAR Ethernet 4 LED icon  NETGEAR Ethernet 5 LED icon

The LED color indicates the speed: white or green for Gigabit Ethernet (1 Gbps) connections, and amber for 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps Ethernet connections.

• Off: No device is connected to this Ethernet port.
  • Solid: A powered-on device is connected to the Ethernet port.
  • Blinking: The port is sending or receiving traffic.

If all the lights are properly working as mentioned above, let me know. I will provide you further troubleshooting.