Question

No more band n71 (5G ER) on Home Internet

• 13 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Has anyone else noticed that the home internet no longer connects to the n71 5G ER band? They seem to be doing work on my tower and the good N41 band goes down, and no even though my phone will happily connect to the ER signal, the home internet just refuses to connect. I have tried both the Nokia and the new Arcadyan version with same results. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

T-Mobile engineers are probably working on the tower equipment and if it is like when they were doing so in our area the disruptions took place for a week or so. It seems with the continued deployments the “solution” is sold to customers before it is really ready for prime time. One would think the traffic prioritization would be established in advance of the inclusion of home internet gateways upon the various cells but that does not appear to be the case. Chatter in various forums supports the priority for mobile devices that roam from tower to tower over the home internet gateways that are pretty much stationary. Once the engineers get the traffic controls in place it will settle down. If you are close enough and have a strong enough signal on the n41 that would be nice but even having the n71 with a clean stable signal is usually a very good solution. The key is when it is stable. The disconnects and erratic delivery seems to be due to the monkeys on the tower vs. the gateways. At least that has been my experience here.