Question

Nokia gateway not connecting to printer

• 20 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’ve looked at several similar questions posted and none have a solution that works for me. I have been trying to get the Nokia 5G21 gateway (silver cylinder) to connect to my HP DeskJet 3775 all in one printer (just a couple of years old). The printer instructions online tell me to press the WPS button on the router but there isn’t one. Does someone here have any suggestions or do I need to call for tech support?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

There is no WPS button on any of the T-Mobile gateways.

You'll need to use the Setup screen on your HP to identify and connect it to your gateway. First, totally clear out the previous network and/or WiFi setting(s) on the printer and then connect to the gateway. If you're having problems, make sure the Hidden switch on the T-Mobile gateway is set to Off.

Use the phone app to access the Network tab (on the bottom of the app’s screen) and then tap the name of your network, which will take you to its settings page. Scroll to the bottom to see the Hidden switch. If it's in the On position, move it to Off and Save your settings with the button at the bottom of the page. Your gateway will restart and the network name (SSID) will be visible to all devices.

Now go back to your printer and set it up for WiFi. You should see your T-Mobile gateway network advertising the name of your network and you should be able to connect your HP to the gateway.

Good luck. Let the Forum know how you made out.