Not impressed so far

• 3 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I ordered the gateway on 1/29 and received it on 1/31.  So far…

• Consistently drops WiFi connections with internal devices.
  • The internal battery won’t charge.
  • Can’t get all the way through set-up.  Bluetooth won’t connect, WiFi acts like it’s connected, but it’s lying.  I can’t do anything.
  • I’ve never been able to get it to do a software update.
  • I’ve done a factory reset several times.

I’m about to return this and cancel the service.  I’m still within my 14 day trial.

6 replies

Badge

Yes, I feel your pain! I’ve had it for about a good 5 months or more with those months hoping they fix it… I was giving T-mobile a chance to fix their internet, however they never did, so I gave up and switched to a better service. It’s a congestion issue and it’ll never get solved unless they add more towers I assume… Although I got Mediacom now and I am receiving 500mbps down (Speedtest) (At night) 200-350mbps during day’ for the same price as the 5G internet from Tmobile that doesn’t even work properly.

Badge

This is at 8:33pm and I can’t wait to see what the speed is at 11pm LOL normally it should increase since people go to bed and less congestion. This is what T-Mobile to thrive towards doing, so people don’t regret wasting months and money on a useless service.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I ordered the gateway on 1/29 and received it on 1/31.

What gateway did TMO send you?

Badge

I ordered the gateway on 1/29 and received it on 1/31.

What gateway did TMO send you?

The round “trash can”.

Badge

This is at 8:33pm and I can’t wait to see what the speed is at 11pm LOL normally it should increase since people go to bed and less congestion. This is what T-Mobile to thrive towards doing, so people don’t regret wasting months and money on a useless service.

We’ve been suffering with the same 6mb download with CenturyLink DSL since 2010.  We can’t get anything else.  I’ve started looking at Starlink, but we live in a very wooded area on the Olympic Peninsula.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Piobaireachd 

I’ve been with TMOHI for about 1-½ months now.  I was sent the Arcadyan KVD21 gateway and have had no issues so far with my internet service. 

Instead of giving up on TMOHI altogether, you might want to consider giving up on the Nokia 5G21 gateway and seeing if TMO Support can send you an Arcadyan gateway to try out.

Have you consulted the Nokia gateway User Manual? 

https://files.customersaas.com/files/LiuZPLdoFty1MB9ZrJxcxysj.pdf