Solved

Printer connection

Show first post

27 replies

I have the same issue with an Epson Stylus NX430. When printing the error report upon failed WiFi connection, it states that the “MAC Address Filtering Check” failed and “MAC address of your printer may be filtered. Check whether your router/access point has restrictions such as MAC address filtering.” I use this printer for work, so any help is much appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You should not have to add the printer MAC address to the gateway. Local LAN devices via wireless or wired should not be filtered by MAC address. The Nokia GW offers no filtering for the LAN and it is unlikely the Arcadyan does either given it has fewer configuration options than the prior Nokia T-Mobile gateway. There are firewall rules for the WAN but for the local LAN the printer should be recognized and joined as long as the SSID is a match and authentication is correct. Users have no influence over the open or closed ports on the WAN side so I don’t know how you can do what you are after. 

Of course there are some older printers that don’t seem to play well with the T-Mobile gateway. If you are getting a message about filtering maybe it is not a proper/accurate message. What suggests to you the MAC address of the printer needs to be permitted? 

Post the model of the printer. It may be an authentication issue not a filtering condition.