Question

Problem loading first website after starting Chrome browser on Win 11 PCs connected to Sagemcom Fast 5688W Gateway

• 5 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Every time a start the Chrome or Edge browser on my Win 11 PC connected to Sagemcom Fast 5688W Gateway on the T Mobile Home internet network the FIRST website I try to load has a delay of 50 sec and it does not matter what website I try. Once the first website loads than every other website works correctly with no 50 sec delay. I have 2 Win 11 PCs and I have this problem on both of them. My old Win 7 PC does NOT have this issue with Chrome also my Samsung Galaxy Android phone does NOT have this issue with Chrome or Samsung browsers. Has anyone seen this issue on their Win 11 PC ??

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Don’t have TMO home internet, but had this problem in the past - was corrected with the following:

https://www.urtech.ca/2019/10/solved-chrome-slow-to-load-first-page/

Probably worth a shot. Similar setting on Edge since it’s Chromium based.

Badge

I turned Automatic Proxy Setup Detect Settings to OFF in Windows 11 Settings but this did not fix my problem. I also tried removing the T Mobile Home internet network and went back to my old ATT DSL Home Internet network and the my browser problem disappeared. So its some specific issue with Win 11 and the T Mobile Home internet network. Thanks for the info.