Question

problem with new G4AR 5G Gateway

• 3 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a very odd and frustrating problem, and wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue.

My old 5G gateway stopped working (error “no internet”), so TMobile sent me one of the new white gateways.  It connects to the internet just fine, but several devices in my house refuse to connect to it, saying ‘bad password’.

The following work fine:

2 iphones, 1 chromebook, 1 fire stick, 1 alexa dot, 1 kindle, 1 android phone

But the following devices refuse to connect:

1 samsung TV, 1 HP printer

I’ve rebooted the gateway several times, triple checked the password, set up a 2.4 only network to test with, all to no success. And these same devices worked fine with the old 5G router. I’m stumped. Any ideas anyone?

5 replies

Forget the network you had try to log in then. 

Same issue!!! MacBook and a TV. Same situation as well. 

I have a similar issue, just got my new gateway and all my devices connect except for my grandson’s game console. It’s very frustrating because the gateway shows good signal. 

I feel the service is not very good, all the phones in the house are connect and they're very slow, we go off of wi-fi, and the speed comes back, I have the black gateway and the signal strength is only at "Good" and doesn't get any better, no matter which window it's placed in and I cannot tell when the Gateway it is on or off...very frustration.

You may need to change the encryption.  The default on mine was WPA2 and WPA3.  My Brother wireless printer wasn’t working - it is 12 years old and uses WPA.  I changed the encryption to WPA and WPA2 and then the printer connected.