Question

Setup with laptop

• 4 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi:

I’ve got the home internet set up, seems to work well. I can see how to use the phone app to change settings, but it’s pretty clunky. For

I’d really prefer to access the router with my laptop, the way I would any other router, but when I navigate to it at 192.168.12.1, I don’t see any functionality, as with the phone app.

Is there a way to change the router settings with my laptop?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

The short and long answer is “No.”  You really can't do anything that involves advances settings, like managing DHCP, NAT, UPnP or an external antenna. The only management tool is the iPhone or Android app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you are determined go search for “Nater Tater” and check out his YouTube videos. He provides very helpful information regarding accessing the gateways with creative alternative access. Sure the mobile application is the “official” T-Mobile supported method to manage the gateway but if you have some technical expertise you can work around that limitation. It depends upon the gateway you have but Nate has done videos on all of the T-Mobile gateways. Serious users do check out his videos.

Badge

Thanks so much you guys, that is all greatly appreciated.

Bill