Question

Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

• 4 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I recently installed a T-Mobile Gateway 5G router to use for my home internet. I am having a problem connecting my PC to the internet using my t-mobile wifi connection. My computer will find the T-Mobile signal but when I try to connect I get a blue screen and an error messsage “Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION”. Then my PC will shut down then restart.

When I uninstall and then reinstall the network adapter and drivers it will allow me to connect a few times and then eventually I get the same result, blue screen watchdog error then restart. When I use the same PC and another wifi connection (Verizon Jetpack or phone hotspot) it works fine.

Also I have another PC that will connect to T-Moblie router just fine. Has anyone else had the same issue?

7 replies

I am having the exact same problem, have not found a fix. I just got my tmobile 2 weeks ago.

Badge

I ended up connecting to the T-Mobile router via Ethernet cable instead of wireless and it works fine now

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

A common source of this problem, if it happens when connecting to the network, is that there is a problem with your network card driver. Updating the driver or uninstalling/reinstalling it may fix the problem.  I haven’t had the problem, but my Windows laptop is an HP with an Intel® AX211 wireless card in it.  If I had the problem, I’d first try installing the latest HP driver for it, and if that didn’t help, I’d try getting the driver from Intel. If the problem persisted, I’d use an Ethernet connection, but I’d check out the Wi-Fi periodically after Windows updates, and I’d also check periodically for updated network card drivers. Good luck.

Do you have to always be connected with an Ethernet cable or just at sign in, to use your computer? Will it ever work with wireless connection?

I'm having the same issues.  Sometimes it works and other times it shuts down my PC.  It has been working fine and then today I had to reset my router because there was no Internet.  After doing that, the doc watchdog violation started again and now I'm in the endless loop of the computer restarting.  

Hey T-Mobile...any ideas why your product doesn't work with Microsoft?  It would be nice to pay for a product that actually worked for me.

I am having the exact same problem on a Dell 8900. Funny thing is I can connect usin g the mobile hotspot on my phone. Same network adapter in the PC. When I try to connect to the router, The PC Freezes, the goes to the BSOD, Then I get the “Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION”.

I have been having the same issue and I've tried 8 different network adapters including: 2 Asus, 3 internet cheapies, 1 Netgear, and 2 linksys.  I would like T-Mobile to tell me which adapter will actually work.  I'm in a place that has zero options, so i have connected only one of my computers via Ethernet cable.  Not what i thought i was getting.  Until this gets resolved i would recommend people stay away from this product.