Question

Tmobile Home Internet with Tmobile Cellspot

• 21 November 2020
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Badge

I was told by High Level Tech person that the Personal Cellspot will not work since it’s not compatible with 5G Wireless Home Internet. My phones are having 1 to 2 bars and they said that would be enough. Not much they can do right now.

Badge

I’ll give this a try : T-Mobile 4G LTE CellSpot Signal Booster (New 2nd Gen) $14 on amazon. connects to weak cell tower signal and boosts it in your house. kyp! 

Let me know if it works for you, there is not much info about that device.

I have the personal cellspot. I have my own modem and my own router. Everything works as it should.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/public-files/images/support-non-device/4G%20LTE%20CellSpot%20Quick%20Start%20Guide.pdf 

My problem of late is a huge jump in broadband data usage. I suspect more neighbors using T mobile and accessing my cellspot. Working on solution. BTW trying to find a post I found on Google but can't find here:

T-Mobile
https://community.t-mobile.com › c...
CAUTION Rural Peeps, Cell Spot WILL eat ALL high speed data

Interesting, I have the same question. I’m in one of those fringe areas that gave me minimal bars so I got the CellSpot which works fine but I was thinking about getting Home Internet and was wondering if you can set it to use 4gLTE vs 5G so it would take advantage of that cellular signal.  I reckon if I can do that, it makes the CellSpot worthless which probably isn’t that huge of an issue for me as I normally don’t lose wifi and could just use wifi calling.  But if the home internet is always trying to access 5G because it sees a weak signal then it would be worthless.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark

The cure will only take place when TMO replaces or upgrades their antenna in neighborhoods. When I use the tool to locate signal direction and strength I see bands 2, 4, 12, 66 & 71 for my entire surrounding neighborhood, but only a sliver of a signal to our my home. The average DL speed is 6Mbps/6Mbps for my WiFi on iPhone. Terrible, because the antenna is a low height on a water tower, with tons of homes and trees blocking the signal. With the old original TMO Cell Spot V2 it does nothing unless I am in the living room where it sits. 

I have to use Centurylink WiFi for cell calls and I am told too frequently that I am cutting out. However when I go up on the roof, I get a much better TMO signal. So my only choice it appears is if I add an antenna to my chimney, with enough cable to run through the exterior wall up at the highest point under the eave facing TMO’s signal and then drill another hole where the Cell Spot sits. The RJ-45 Internet cable is in the WAN port, so my question is, how would I connect an exterior antenna to there TMO Cell Spot?

I’ll give this a try : T-Mobile 4G LTE CellSpot Signal Booster (New 2nd Gen) $14 on amazon. connects to weak cell tower signal and boosts it in your house. kyp! 

Did it work im having problems with my service