Solved

Turn off Wifi?

• 23 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

I just added mesh wifi to my T-Mobile home internet and now I get great 5 GHz signal everywhere in my house. I’d like to turn off the wifi on my G4AR gateway and use the dedicated mesh as the primary router but can’t find a way in the app or website to do this (I figure the T-Mobile gateway will run better with the wifi off -- less heat, less wifi channel interference, etc). Does anyone have an easy fix? Thanks folks!

icon

Best answer by RPA 23 April 2024, 06:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Had the same question when I started using the service. Download the app called HINT. That will turn it off and also hide the SSID.

I used the Hint app also. They have some great UTube videos on how to add a router also. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Robert.M , here is the link to the HINT Control app: https://github.com/zacharee/ArcadyanKVD21Control . You can also search for it in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. 

Here is a Mac tutorial (Windows is very similar): https://youtu.be/DJbaWv3ceLU?si=lC-67CGtVjBwUsk3

Badge

Thanks, I'll give this a go.

I got the HINT app from Google Playstore and now have access to turn off the wifi (although I haven’t tried it yet). I’m pretty disappointed though the T-Mobile has decide to lock down the gateway to this extent and I’m leery of relying on a third party app for such access (not a comment on the app itself it’s just that T-Mobile could do something to break this without warning or the app could become unsupported).

I’m going to have to think about whether to keep this service going forward based on these issues. Hopefully someone from T-Mobile reads these comments.

Badge

i watched the video but it seems the HINT app has not been tried with the newest G4AR gateway (with external antenna ports). Not to worry everything seems to be working ok with the gateway wifi still on. Thanks though!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

i watched the video but it seems the HINT app has not been tried with the newest G4AR gateway (with external antenna ports). Not to worry everything seems to be working ok with the gateway wifi still on. Thanks though!

I used it on my G4AR. Worked great. WiFi is completely turned off and SSID is also hidden. Gateway runs cooler and less WiFi interference with my Mesh Network system.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I got the HINT app from Google Playstore and now have access to turn off the wifi (although I haven’t tried it yet). I’m pretty disappointed though the T-Mobile has decide to lock down the gateway to this extent and I’m leery of relying on a third party app for such access (not a comment on the app itself it’s just that T-Mobile could do something to break this without warning or the app could become unsupported).

I’m going to have to think about whether to keep this service going forward based on these issues. Hopefully someone from T-Mobile reads these comments.

TMHI updated the firmware, after I already used HINT to turn off WiFi Radios and hid SSID. Nothing broke, G4AR is now even faster with the update firmware.