Question

Unable to connect

• 15 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Is there a reason why all of a sudden when I try to connect a device to my T-Mobile Internet it's unable to?  It's not a password issue.   I've connected other devices however,  no I can't connect any additional devices.   I currently have 4 devices still connected. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Sometimes you need to create an additional network using the phone app in order some older devices to connect, and older can mean only a few years.

Try adding a new WiFi network for the four devices you're having problems getting to connect. Use the T-Mobile app and tap the Network tab on the bottom, then the “+” button on the lower right. Create a new 2.4 GHz WiFi network with a unique name (SSID), just for your devices. Make sure the WPA type is WPA/WPA2. This is different from your main network which, by default, is WPA2/WPA3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save. Your gateway will restart and your new network will be available in addition to your original WiFi.

Now, go to your four devices and clear out all of the older information you have entered then create your wireless connection to the new network you just created.

See if that doesn't help. Good luck!