Solved

Unable to print to wireless printer

• 17 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Just switched from Spectrum to Tmobile home internet. Now I am unable to connect to my fairly new HP printer M148fdw. I have set static and dynamic ip addresses, changed from 5mhz to 2.4 mhz, changed encryption. I have updated firmware on the printer. I am unable to browse to or ping the printer or any of the devices on the network other than the tmobile gateway.

icon

Best answer by Trez 17 November 2022, 18:34

View original

3 replies

Badge

This will work for any older 2.4GHz device.  Worked for our cameras and lights and printers.  In “Network”  you can add another network by pressing the magenta +, give the new network a unique name, change the  frequency  to 2.4 only and the protocol to WPA2, leave the rest as is.  Let the router update then search on your device for the new 2.4 network.

This worked for me.

I have a Brother HL-L2340DW and just got the 5g Tmobile router. There is no pairing button on it so I can’t get the wireless printer to connect to the network. My Xfinity router has a pairing button and it works well so I’m at a loss here. Brother website isn’t any help. I changed to 2.4ghz but that didn’t work either. Not terribly tech savvy when it comes to this stuff and always seems to be a nightmare trying to get a scanner or printer connected. Any thoughts? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

When you think through what the WPS feature actually do, there may be a trick to getting WPS device on a router without WPS.

Configure an old router with the SSID/pwd you want to use on the TMO Internet Gateway.

Connect your WPS device to the old router using WPS.

Turn off and disconnect the old router.

Turn on the TMO Internet Gateway.  If necessary, change the SSID/pwd to match the old router.