Why cant customers who have been loyal supporters since 5G home internet service started get tye new gateway with antenna hookups.

• 26 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello my fellow tmobile 5g home internet users. I’m here to ask the question WHY ARENT LOYAL TMOBILE 5G HOME INTERNET CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE PAID FOR AND SUPPORTED THE SERVICE SINCE TMOBILE RELEASED IT FOR USE TRADE THE OLDER LESS EFFICIENT OLDER GATEWAYS FOR THEIR RECENTLY RELEASED NEWER GATEWAY WITH THE ANTENNA HOOKUPS FOR THE MIMO ANTENNA THRY SELL OR LEASE, ESPECIALLY IF THE CUSTONER IS EXPERIENCING HORRIBLE SERVICE DUE TO ALL TYE NEW CUSTOMERS SIBSCTIBING AND THE ADDED BANDWITH USAGE BECAUSE OF IT. ITS NOT FAIR TO THE CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE WRITTEN THE REVIEWS AND TALKED ABOUT THE SERVICE THAT IN TURN CREATED THE BUZZ THAT MADE ALL THE OTHER CUSTOMERS THST SIGNED UP DO SO. What I believe is this, the first customers to sign up were ones like me who were desperate to get faster internet since they lived in a small town or rural area and nothing better was provided and then when all the people who already have options and good internet providers heard about it tmobile made a gateway that would insure they get speeds and service that could rival the other providers download speeds, but the loyal supporters get left behind just like always and our service and speeedd suffers because of all the new customers just switching to get cheaper no contract internet. As a consumer I find this shady as hell and a real diservice to those who tmobile said they were there for. I get 6mbs download speed now with my internet signal going out 7 or 8 times a day but at first I got a steady signal with 150 or more mbs. So I know my signal and speed cutting out and slowing are directly related to the amount of new customers being signed up. But tmobile will not accommodate its older customers and trade out their older gateways for the newer ones. Also I guess we all need to quit and resign up. I’ve already written the ftc and s tmobile executive has written back with excuses but hasn’t offered me s new gateway. I will write the attorney general this time as no I will write the FTC again and let them know tmobile has the ability to give me a new gateway that will improve my Dino’s snd speed to give me what I was told I was getting when I signed up. They sd that I should get at least 60 to 70 mbs speed download and up to 300mbs download. I haven’t had 60 to 70 mbs download in a while. That’s basically false advertising. Im tired of internet providers catering only to the wealthy or those who live in cities and are just lucky that enough people live around them because it’s worth it to tmobile to provide s certain level of service and since I live in a town with 1700 or less I get the leftovers. When will tmobiles home internet tech become advanced enough that it warrants upgrading all gateways. Maybe never. Do we have to keep a gateway that is so old it can’t offer the speed that tmobile advertises. Well that’s unacceptable. Anyone wanting to start a class action or who already has please contact me. I’m ready to sue. I might take them to small claims to get a gateway that jived me what I was offered and sold. 

8 replies

Badge

The new gateways are for new customers only.

T-Mobile response “it’s too costly for everyone to dump their old gateway and exchange for new one”  which in a sense is true.

it also preserves their network if less people have crazy antenna hookups. I think their starting to realize they should have market this as unlimited hotspot gateway instead of home/business internet.

understand fiber can pull down and send gigs of speed, 5G/4g hangs around 400-700 in excellent places n in mmWave it can do gig speed.

anywho if any of you went to school for engineering specifically electrical engineering I recommend you bite down on this pain point and start working on a pcb for a modem ideas because the list of companies is growing and the list of modems capable of doing the job are still $1000+

Badge

Hello my fellow tmobile 5g home internet users. I’m here to ask the question WHY ARENT LOYAL TMOBILE 5G HOME INTERNET CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE PAID FOR AND SUPPORTED THE SERVICE SINCE TMOBILE RELEASED IT FOR USE TRADE THE OLDER LESS EFFICIENT OLDER GATEWAYS FOR THEIR RECENTLY RELEASED NEWER GATEWAY WITH THE ANTENNA HOOKUPS FOR THE MIMO ANTENNA THRY SELL OR LEASE, ESPECIALLY IF THE CUSTONER IS EXPERIENCING HORRIBLE SERVICE DUE TO ALL TYE NEW CUSTOMERS SIBSCTIBING AND THE ADDED BANDWITH USAGE BECAUSE OF IT. ITS NOT FAIR TO THE CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE WRITTEN THE REVIEWS AND TALKED ABOUT THE SERVICE THAT IN TURN CREATED THE BUZZ THAT MADE ALL THE OTHER CUSTOMERS THST SIGNED UP DO SO. What I believe is this, the first customers to sign up were ones like me who were desperate to get faster internet since they lived in a small town or rural area and nothing better was provided and then when all the people who already have options and good internet providers heard about it tmobile made a gateway that would insure they get speeds and service that could rival the other providers download speeds, but the loyal supporters get left behind just like always and our service and speeedd suffers because of all the new customers just switching to get cheaper no contract internet. As a consumer I find this shady as hell and a real diservice to those who tmobile said they were there for. I get 6mbs download speed now with my internet signal going out 7 or 8 times a day but at first I got a steady signal with 150 or more mbs. So I know my signal and speed cutting out and slowing are directly related to the amount of new customers being signed up. But tmobile will not accommodate its older customers and trade out their older gateways for the newer ones. Also I guess we all need to quit and resign up. I’ve already written the ftc and s tmobile executive has written back with excuses but hasn’t offered me s new gateway. I will write the attorney general this time as no I will write the FTC again and let them know tmobile has the ability to give me a new gateway that will improve my Dino’s snd speed to give me what I was told I was getting when I signed up. They sd that I should get at least 60 to 70 mbs speed download and up to 300mbs download. I haven’t had 60 to 70 mbs download in a while. That’s basically false advertising. Im tired of internet providers catering only to the wealthy or those who live in cities and are just lucky that enough people live around them because it’s worth it to tmobile to provide s certain level of service and since I live in a town with 1700 or less I get the leftovers. When will tmobiles home internet tech become advanced enough that it warrants upgrading all gateways. Maybe never. Do we have to keep a gateway that is so old it can’t offer the speed that tmobile advertises. Well that’s unacceptable. Anyone wanting to start a class action or who already has please contact me. I’m ready to sue. I might take them to small claims to get a gateway that jived me what I was offered and sold. 

Don't waste money on T-Mobile home internet antenna they sell for $99.  That's a piece of junk antenna. Go buy a good mimo 4 port antenna off Amazon instead. Spend $250 and get an antenna that will raise out and pump up your signal wattage by 100%.  Just my two cents of being a retired journeyman lineman. Our home has killer Mobile service and speeds here. We get average of 286gb downloads and 89 uploads on average the months we have had the brand new white Arcadian G4AR gateways. Who else will give you that speed and unlimited for $30 a month. We also have a Starlink roam satellite Internet too. It is for our RV camping in crazy areas. I can say Starlink isn't those kinds of speeds. And I have compared traveling with both. Starlink sucks side by side with T-Mobile. Starlink drops every 10 minutes no matter what state your in. And it's $150 a month FYI.  Have a great day everyone. Hope this helped you decide

I often feel the same way about not receiving advertised speeds and have got a warranty replacement twice in two years. It also rubs me the wrong way to constantly see promotional pricing of $30 a month without contract and not offer it to people who are long time customers. I’ve contemplated quitting and signing up again, but they do not allow it. Unfortunately TMHI is the ONLY available internet to me where I live, and I have no choice but to stick with them if I want wifi. I agree with you that while I used to see speeds of about 100mps when I first signed up, over the last six months I am lucky to get 6mps download and 0mps upload. More often than that, I am having to move or reset it to try to connect to a different tower due to loss of internet. Extremely frustrating. If you get anywhere with filing the FTC or Attorney General complaints, I hope you will update here because I would gladly hop on to the class action claim and give support however necessary.

Badge

I have the same question. The places in my home where I get the best available service don’t have tables or shelves close by. The antenna would allow me to place the gateway in a less advantageous spot close enough to a window where I could put the antenna. I’ve called T-Mobile support many times requesting the either of the new gateways, G4AR or G4SE. Each time I’ve been told that if I request to swap my current gateway for one of the new ones, what they will send me is the same one I already have. They say they have no way to request a specific gateway. I have also heard that the only way to get one of these new gateways is to be a new customer (even then there is no guarantee). In this respect T-Mobile seems to be trying their best to copy Comcast/Xfinity’s poor customer service. Apparently being a new customer is far more valuable to T-Mobile than being a loyal customer. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Well, im a new (sucker) customer and got the new Gateway with antenna hookups.

Im three miles from three antennas and im getting 2bars (weak) of signal. So, like the fool i am, i  invested the $100.00 into the proprietary antenna.

Hooray for me.... i still get 2bars of signal, and 5mbps down.

Badge

Something's causing interference 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

And it's most likely T-Mobile. 

I live in a small central (flat) Florida town that is 95% residential, no industry at all, not even small.

If i get up on my roof, i can see the tops of the three nearest towers. Two are fake pine camouflaged so they're easy to spot.

It took over a minute to sign in to the Community Site because my up load speed is less than 1mbps. If i have to do anything that involves a lot of  up load, i have to use the Hot Spot function on my cell phone. That's how bad it is. 

Im pretty much limited to functions that are down load only such as TV streaming with constant buffering. While common wisdom says you can't stream from your phone's Hot Spot,  yes i have, and as bad as it is its often better than T-Mobile's  -"High Speed Internet"-.

Go to Verizon, nope.  ATT, never.  Go back to Spectrum and all their add on charges, rather not. All i can do is wait for the city to finish fiber to my neighborhood. If i lived 4-5 blocks closer to downtown, i could pick up the city's free internet. Slow, but not nearly as bad as what I'm paying for.