Solved

Why is it impossible to get my printer to connect to the WIFI.

• 9 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

First, had to call customer service to get the Gateway to connect to the WIFI.  Then, paid my tech guy to come and get the laptop on it,..

My older Brother printer, which had no problem with Cox until it would not go back online, was replaced today with a new WIFI enabled Epson.  It will not connect to our network.

Why?

T-Mobile makes everything so hard.  At 84, I am somewhat capable of handling some tech, but I am capable of following directions which are clearly written = the way to get on Apple TV and Netflix is not clear! =- and I am ready to go back to Cox for internet.  AND get an antenna for the Smart TV’

HELP

icon

Best answer by syaoran 9 October 2022, 10:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The issue is more than likely the encryption with the Brother.  It more than likely needs to connect to the 2.4GHz WiFi band with WPA encryption.  Once that is done, you might need to rerun your printer setup in Windows to be able to print to it wirelessly again.  

The same more than likely applies to the Epson as well.  I don’t have T-Mobile Home Internet though so walking you through that might be best done by someone who does.  

It more than likely needs to connect to the 2.4GHz WiFi band with WPA encryption.  

My Nokia gateway has the option to change from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA/WPA2. You have to login at 192.166.12.1 go to network, wi-fi networks, 2.4GHz, select encryption mode. 

Badge

Well, the printer is 4 years old.  I did finally get my new Epson Workforce to connect and am back in business.

Thanks to all.

“chicky”

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have two MFC-9330CDW’s and before those, I had a HL-4070CDW printer only, which my grandparents have been using for the last 5 years.  With Brother, anytime the wireless changes, the Wireless Setup/Installer needs to be ran again so it can detect the printer once you get it connected to the network.  Although my MFC-9330CDW’s support WPA2, they will only connect to AES on WPA and WPA2.  If AES and TKIP are both enabled or just TKIP, they won’t connect.