Question

Wireless printer issue

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a HP LaserJet Pro M15W printer. Since switching to T-Mobile Wi-Fi, I cannot get it to connect to my net work. When I look up instructions, it says I need to push a WPS button on my router. The problem is my 5G router does not have a WPS button. Is there anyway to connect my printer to T-Mobile Wi-Fi or am I just going to have to ditch a perfectly good printer that I had absolutely no problem with when I had AT&T Wi-Fi? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have search the web for answers until I’m half blind!  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

When I switched to Tmobile from Xfinity, I just set up TMobile so that the Names and passwords were identical to what they were for the Xfinity router. I use the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz separate. You just can't have both your old and new Routers turned on at the same time. When I did it this way, everything just worked without doing anything with the devices which were connected. This includes Wifi Printer, Samsung TV, Arlo Camera, VOIP phone, and all computers, iPhones, iPads, etc

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks. I switched to T-Mobile package from Verizon phone with limited GB data and AT&T internet to try to to save $ by having just one carrier. It was only after I had the AT&T disconnected that I realized my thermostat and printer would no longer connect. Not sure what to do now…