Question

Excessive roaming

• 14 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have the One plan military plan and travel to Europe about once a week for my job (airline pilot). I have had the global 15gb plan added for an extra $50 a month for the last 3 years. I went on vacation to Sicily for 3 weeks this September. I used google maps on cellular and received a couple of text messages about excessive roaming. I apparently went over the limit and now I have zero international data because T-mobile put a block on my account. I was told there is no way to remove this. I cancelled my global plan and am still blocked even though I get a text when I get to Europe saying I have unlimited data at 256kbps. I was just informed after talking to a representative that in a few weeks time they are going to cancel my phone line! Unreal that it is one strike and you are out. This is going to make me cancel 6 lines with Tmobile and moving on to Verizon. Nothing that anyone can do. Beware of exceeding this limit. I was under the impression that I had 15GB like my plan said, but not so. Does anyone know a way around this?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm surprised you got this notice after 3 weeks. It usually takes 2 months and over 50% of your usage on non Tmobile towers.

Badge

I never received one saying they were going to cut my data off or lose my phone line. This seems like something from a fly by night business-not a major carrier like T-Mobile. The Verizon reps in Costco were shocked that this happened. Said they had a few other T-mobile customers come over after it happened to them. I don’t do social media much but I’m going to try to find somewhere to post what happened. Also going to complain to the FCC. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can try googling the CEO’s email address and send am email.

The roaming clause is in Tmobile’s terms and conditions but it's pretty vague.

Badge

Good idea-I’ll give it a try!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You can game the system by downloading some huge (multi-GB) files over cellular data when you are on T-Mobile’s network before your travel.