Solved

Furious at data switched off

Badge

My daughter is in Mexcio City for the semester and just had her data switched off by the “extreme usage team.” In response to a message alerting me to her usage, I called and purchased an International Pass that was to become active for the last month of her abroad stay. TMO switched it off without telling me and at the same time sent her a welcome message that reads “your previously purchased 15GB Int Pass up to 30days with up to 15 GB of our fastest data and unlimited calling starts now. Enjoy your trip!”

Just got off the phone with csr and next level manager who says once the team deems the account shut off there’s nothing to be done. Was promised that they wouldn’t charge me for the package they canceled.

Claimed that to stay industry competitive they need to ensure that no one customer uses too much data. I’m assuming that ATT will appreciate the new business.

If you’re reading, TMO, this is outrageously bad customer service.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 10 May 2024, 03:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's in Tmobile’s terms and conditions. Usage must be on Tmobile towers for 50% of the usage and after 90 days they may cancel service if deemed excessive.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It's in Tmobile’s terms and conditions. Usage must be on Tmobile towers for 50% of the usage and after 90 days they may cancel service if deemed excessive.

Well gramps28, as you can see no one reads those T & C’s that they agree to by signing up for service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Well gramps28, as you can see no one reads those T & C’s that they agree to by signing up for service.

So true, no carrier guarantees service in their terms and conditions. I didn't read them when I signed up but I do know the terms now.