International Pass

• 8 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Be very careful when purchasing an international pass. It’s a bit of a scam when it comes to cruises. They don’t apply. Be sure not to waste your money because they charges are astronomical compared to international. Nowhere on the contract does it warn you about it not apply to cruise, SO THIS IS YOUR WARNING. I was not only charged for the pass but also for whatever the cruise ship charged T-mobile, though my contract was not with the cruise ship nor did any of the paperwork tell me this information.

fireguy_6364 5 months ago

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/international-roaming-plans

i recommend scrolling down to the FAQs.

I’m going on a cruise. what do I need to know?

You can check your cruise coverage here. We recommend that you turn off roaming while the ship is docked in a US port. Otherwise, your phone may pick up the ship's network, and you'll be charged cruise ship roaming charges for any usage. Once you're out to sea, you can turn roaming back on and pay for the data, text, and voice you use.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

correct...while on ship or close enough to connect to it youre paying for that ships connection..which is not international. you can order wifi from said ship at a certain rate but yeah..youre getting a bit upset with TMO yet not at the cruise ship for not warning you of their charges.

Badge

You are absolutely right. I am upset at T-Mobile and not the cruise ship for the simple fact that my agreement was with T-Mobile. The pass agreement should clearly state that cruises are not included. Had the information been stated clearly I would’ve not purchased it in the first place and wouldn’t be upset at all. However, that’s not the case.  it seems as though it was intentional that it had been left out until those like me inquire about why their bill is extremely high. At that point customers are told that the issue lies with T-Mobile‘s agreement with the cruise ship. T-Mobile‘s agreement with a cruise ship is not my concern. My agreement and a falsely advertise international pass is my grievance with T-Mobile alone because that is who I have an agreement with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/international-roaming-plans

i recommend scrolling down to the FAQs.

I’m going on a cruise. what do I need to know?

You can check your cruise coverage here. We recommend that you turn off roaming while the ship is docked in a US port. Otherwise, your phone may pick up the ship's network, and you'll be charged cruise ship roaming charges for any usage. Once you're out to sea, you can turn roaming back on and pay for the data, text, and voice you use.

Badge

Well if I choose to stay with T-mobile after this and before my next cruise, I’ll do just that. Until I make my decision I expect the information on the accessible T-mobile app to be clear and properly stated to eliminate confusion and any feelings of being underhandedly misguided. But I do thank you for that information.